Getting iTunes Error -42408 while trying to access the iTunes App Store? Here’s the solution for the error.
iTunes 11 launched with huge fanfare recently, and as expected, there has been some error messages popping up for the users who experiment with different scenarios like downgrading and upgrading their libraries. And also restoring from backups.
One such error that’s been commonly experienced by the customers is the iTunes error -42408 on iTunes 11 when trying to access iTunes App Store. Here’s a quick fix for this error.
How to fix iTunes error -42408 on iTunes 11?
- Open Terminal
- Type killall iTunesHelper
- This error occurs when a restore does not happen correctly. So let’s now revert back and restore the following files back to the iTunes:
- Access this folder: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ and restore the following files:
- AirTrafficHost.framework, CoreFP.framework, DeviceLink.framework, iTunesAccess.framework, MobileDevice.framework
- Now, Reboot the Mac and you should be having the same old experience that you had with iTunes 10.7 on the iTunes App Store.