Mac OS X Lion had a hand full of features and one such features is the new Mission control. The Mission Control has the dashboard integrated into it and in this tutorial, we will try to change the default background image of your Dashboard.
The current default background has been there for years now and the lego background would be boring for some people. In this tutorial, we will change it to some blue linen background.
How to change default Dashboard background in Mac OS X Lion:
- Pick the image you want to replace with and name it pirelli.png. We need to rename this since Dashboard takes image of only this name.
- Now, Right-Click on the Finder icon in the dock and go to this folder: /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/
- Locate the file named pirelli.png and take a backup of the file. May be copy it to your desktop or anywhere you wish!
- Copy and past the file you renamed in Step-1 into the Resources folder. A prompt will popup asking for the Admin Privilege. Just key in your password.
- Now open up terminal and type killall Dock
Before you do this, make sure that the image you are replacing with is of your desktop’s size, since it will not be tiled. Here’s a screenshot of my new Dashboard:
Hope this was helpful. Stay tuned for some more OS X Lion tips.