This tutorial will help you find the Library folder on your new Mac OS X Lion 10.7. OS X Lion hides the Library folder by default for the users. This trick would help you enable it!
Apple’s Mac OS X Lion hides the User’s Library folder by default. But this move was not like by many users of Mac. We can easily get back the Library folder in a jiffy by various methods. In this post, you’ll know how to access the Library folder temporarily and also, how to display the Library folder permanently in the User’s folder.
First, let us see how to access your Library folder temporarily or just once:
- Right-Click the Finder Icon in the Dock.
- Select the Go to folder option. This will display the Text input box.
- Type ~/Library. This will take you to the library folder.
- Hold Option button on the Keyboard
- Click on the Go menubar item and it will display the Library folder’s name.
- Open Terminal
chflags nohidden ~/Library/
- This will show the Library folder in the User’s directory forever.
Hope this was helpful. Even though this is a small tip, many user’s have been wondering how to get their Library folder back. Feel free to ask me any queries via twitter (@ImKarthikK) or use the comments section!