This How-To article will help you sync your contacts with Apple iOS 5’s new iCloud service. It is really simple!
Apple unveiled iOS 5 with iCloud at WWDC 2011 and iCloud comes with Contacts Sync. Once you are on your iOS 5 device, you will need to sync your contacts with iCloud to enjoy seamless sync across your Apple Eco-system.
Syncing your existing contacts onto iCloud may look a little complicated, but this screenshot tour will definitely help you out in syncing your contacts with ease.
You need to get your device configured for iCloud before you go ahead with this tutorial. You can configure your device when you boot the device for the first time after you upgrade to iOS 5.
- Tap Setting on the home screen and Tap iCloud option in it.
- Now, toggle the Contacts switch to Off. [alert_box type="Error"]Your phone will warn you that it would delete your existing contacts. Select Yes ONLY if you have a backup on your computer. We will be syncing the contacts from your PC or a Mac at the later part. [/alert_box]
- Now, Sync your Contacts with your Mac or a PC. Just connect your iDevice to your computer, fire-up iTunes, and enable Contacts Sync. (Hope you know this already!)
- Now, your contacts will be synced to your computer’s AddressBook. You are half way through the process now. On your phone, go to Settings > iCloud and toggle the Contacts switch to On! This will enable Contact sync on your device.
- Now, the phone will ask you if it can Merge the contacts that are already on the phone. Just click Merge. And you are done. Youe contacts are on the Cloud now.
I will keep you posted about the other tutorials very soon. Don’t hesitate to ask any query you’ve got with Apple or iOS.[/alert_box]